This special episode honors Paul Cantor and his son Cliff, who passed away in 2014. We revisit the thirty-year-old cold case of Brett Cantor, delving into the dark and mysterious side of LA’s music industry and its possible connection to his untimely death.
We hear from those who knew Brett best, including his family and friends, as they reflect on the lasting impact of his unsolved murder and the void it has left in their lives. To those who loved him, Brett will always be 25 years old, a driven young music executive always on the hunt for the next big rock band, and at the helm of his nightclub, Dragonfly.
Retired LAPD homicide detective Rick Jackson also shares his final thoughts on the case, expressing hope that the Dragonfly podcast series will spark new leads and bring justice to Brett and his loved ones.
Narration: Jacy Nova and Thom Dre
- Rick Jackson: Retired Homicide Detective, LAPD
- Marc Cantor: Brother of Brett Cantor
- Rose McGowan: Ex-girlfriend of Brett Cantor
- Amy: Best friend of Brett Cantor
- Doug: Promoter and best friend of Brett Cantor
- Carlos Williams: Friend of Brett Cantor
- David Schockett: Dragonfly nightclub owner
- Duane Osterlind, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Executive Producer: Casefile Presents
- Producers: Jacy Nova, Pat Tapia, Thom Dre, Marc Cantor, and Georgie Rutherford
- Audio Producer: Christopher Lang
- Writers: Jacy Nova
- Designer: Paulina Szymanska
- Music: Marc Cantor and Audiojungle
- Recording Studios: Laguna Sound and Network Studios
Listen to our true crime podcast series, Death by Misadventure.